Call Today (954) 962-5900

Fort Lauderdale Relocation Attorney

If the mother of my children wants to relocate, can I stop her?


If there is an existing Order setting forth Timesharing for the Mother and or Father, any change in Mother’s address, more than 50 miles from her existing address, Florida statute requires the Mother to file a Petition to Relocate, and ask permission from the Court, before removing the child to the new address. If the Mother does not take this step, as required, you can file with the Court,  a Motion requesting the relief you want (i.e.: for the mother not to take the child to the new address). If you file a Motion with the Court, be sure that the Motion is scheduled for Hearing.  If without counsel, contact the assistant to the Judge or pro se coordinator to get hearing date.

For more information, call the Law Offices of Ben I Farbstein at 954-962-5900.

About the author