Call Today (954) 962-5900

Hollywood Child Support Lawyers

Can a parent be held in contempt for not paying agreed-upon college tuition expenses?


If an agreement contains an ambiguity regarding an obligation to pay tuition for an adult child, the court must first determine the intent of parties when they executed the agreement.

Where a party is obligated to pay college expenses pursuant to an agreement, the obligation is not child support, but is contractual and is an obligation arising from the agreement.  Contempt is not available to enforce a contractual obligation to pay college expenses.

Hollywood Child Support Lawyers

For more information, contact Law Offices of Ben I. Farbstein at 954-962-5900.

About the author